JOB SUMMARY Provide courteous, efficient, timely and informed service to drivers and vendors. Receive incoming telephone calls, answer questions and handle breakdowns. Get the driver back on the road in the most expedient and cost effective manner to insure minimal service disruptions. Provide vendors with an easily attainable source of information. Make decisions, as necessary, following the philosophy of "what is the right thing to do." Refer to others for answers as deemed appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Deliver personal service to drivers and vendors via telephone contact in response to enroute breakdowns and other equipment needs. Ensure driver satisfaction by listening and responding to their needs and requirements. Use computer programs to review and/or modify vehicle repair information. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
1. Enhance freight flow by expediting repair services and contacting terminals and/or central dispatch. Contact terminal(s) and relay operations when needed to insure all are kept updated on service issues.
2. Provide support information and support services to shops, terminals, and operators of equipment within and outside the company.
3. Follow up on equipment repairs for further inspection needs, warranty and history information as required. Generate reports and process invoices in a timely manner to insure prompt payment.
4. Look for patterns by driver, location, fleet or type defect that may assist management in specing, purchasing, and/or modifying the fleet as well as managing the drivers.
5. Provide authorization and repair processing information to vendors and others needing vehicle repair guidance.
6. Identify issues and opportunities that contribute to process improvement. Participate in efforts to implement solutions, working on team objectives and goals. Assist in making organizational and technological changes invisible to the customer.
1. High School diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework preferred.
2. Must have knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair services.
3. Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
4. Proficiency in computer use - data entry, Excel and Word
5. Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred. Holland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.